Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Beautiful Saturday Morning


It's a beautiful Saturday morning, warm weathers and not too sunny. A cup of hot jasmine tea and dim sum makes it even more perfect. I envisioned today to be productive. There are pages of tasks to be completed on my to do list, hopefully there are no distractions. If I completed everything today, I'll be even more looking forward to tomorrow.

November 11 is a special day for  my friend. She's going to be a year wiser.
It's just going to be me and her. But I know that we are going to have lots of fun.The original plan was a group gathering, but others are busy.Seems like a difficult task to gather the group together as we get older and as our friends get married. Now, the only time the group gets together is at a friend's wedding or if we all miss each other too much.

I wonder if our traditions are going to last. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas since 2005, the six of us will have some type of gathering near the holidays, either a day before or after the holiday. Though it's not near the holiday yet, I asked one of my closest friends if we are still meeting this Thanksgiving. She already mentioned that she busy that week with personal things. So now we have 5/6 people available or to be determined. But usually, if we don't meet near Thanksgiving, we'll meet near Christmas. Hopefully, it's going to be like that this year again. Regardless, I am still looking forward to the holidays, they make the winter season a bit more joyful and colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment